Home        About Dad        Web Videos        Food        Retro Goodness        Links        Contact       


7/12/14

Carl's Jr.'s new menu items have me hooked

It's been awhile since I've done a breakfast food review, so I thought I'd knock one out for you this week.  Enjoy..

Just when I think I've seen just about everything from Carl’s Jr., they once again have raised the bar, and impressed the heck out of me.   Carl's Jr. recently announces the addition of two new spicy breakfast items – the Made from Scratch Chorizo, Egg & Cheese Biscuit and Chorizo, Egg & Cheese Burrito.  I finally had a chance to give them a try last week, and enjoyed them immensely.



The Made from Scratch Chorizo, Egg & Cheese Biscuit features flavorful chorizo and egg topped with spicy pepper-Jack cheese and served inside a warm, freshly baked Made from Scratch Buttermilk Biscuit.  I must admit that I wasn't too confident that these ingredients would work very well together, but I was wrong.  This sandwich is a tasty, zesty, kicked up breakfast biscuit, where all ingredients perfectly play off of each other.





I enjoyed the Chorizo, Egg & Cheese Biscuit so much, that I came back a few days later to try the breakfast in burrito form. I unwrapped the burrito, and it looked impressive to say the least.  I'm always leery of fast food burritos, as I've had many over the years that were full of mostly wet eggs, and very little else.  The very first thing I noticed was a generous sized burrito, sporting a tortilla that appeared to be freshly made.


The Chorizo, Egg & Cheese Burrito featured spicy chorizo, scrambled eggs, shredded Jack and cheddar cheeses, Hash Round nuggets and freshly prepared pico de gallo salsa. The ingredients were perfectly proportioned, and the burrito incredibly tasty.  This ranks right up there with the best burger chain restaurant breakfast burritos I've ever eaten.



 Dessert!
 
Behold the new Made From Scratch Cinnamon Pull-Aparts! Available at all participating Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s locations since June 23, the cinnamon-sugar breakfast treat features the chains’ award-winning Made from Scratch Biscuit dough, shaped into eight bite-sized pieces, rolled in cinnamon-sugar and baked together until golden brown and finished with a drizzle of icing.


 
The Pull-Aparts were fluffy, mildly sweet, and are now succinctly my new favorite sweet breakfast treat!  The Cinnamon Pull-Aparts are available starting at $0.99 each, in a 2-pack for $1.79 or in a combo meal with Hash Rounds and choice of drink starting at $2.49. Prices may vary by location. For a limited time, visit www.carlsjr.com/coupons or www.hardees.com/coupons to download a coupon for a free Cinnamon Pull-Apart with the purchase of any breakfast entrĂ©e, valid at participating locations.
 
Oh yeah.. the Chorizo breakfast biscuit is available for $2.29, and the burrito for $3.49.  Each may be ordered in a combo meal with Hash Rounds and choice of drink for $3.79 and $4.99, respectively.  Do yourself a favor and swing by Carl's or Hardee's and give the new items a try.  You won't be sorry that you did!


2 comments:

  1. Both look delish! We don't have Carl's Jr in Nebraska but we do have Hardees (their other half). Or we used to anyway. My city had one but a few years ago the franchise owner got bored with it and turned it into a Qdoba, lol. I miss their egg and sausage biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bets!! I dig Hardee's too! I grew up on their Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?