Home        About Dad        Web Videos        Retro Bicycling        Food        Retro Goodness        Links        Contact       


3/16/12

Old school snacking with Beer Nuts and Miller High Life

Since my original post on Beer Nuts, I've been searching high and low for the salty and sweet snacks.  Well, today I finally found a market across town that carries them.  Excited as all get out, I decided to get some beer to enjoy with them.  However, not just any beer would do mind you.  I felt it only appropriate to get an old school beer, to accompany this old school snack.

As soon as I saw this retro looking six pack of Miller High Life on the shelf, I knew I had to buy it.  When I was a boy, I remember my Old Man drinking Miller quite often, and nine times out of ten he'd be snacking on Beer Nuts all the while.  I headed home to spend some time on a couple of bike projects I currently have going, and of course to enjoy some Beer Nuts and Lager.

So how were they?  The Beer Nuts.. Excellent!  As for the Miller, well.. it was an interesting experience to drink it.  I'm used to primarily drinking full bodied beers and ales.  To me, Miller was kind of like drinking beer flavored water, but it didn't bother me very much.  Sometimes a beer is just a beer, and you aren't too particular about what you're drinking.  Today was one of those times.

It was a beautiful springlike day, and I was spending it in my garage engaging in one of my favorite hobbies.  The garage door was wide open, and I could hear the birds singing as I felt the warm air embracing me.  Being able to do something I love, had me totally DE-stressed and made my week.  Maybe my zen-like state was the reason I wasn't being such a beer snob today.  I was one with the bikes.. the weather.. the Beer Nuts.. and the beer! 

There is one other possibility that ran through my mind however, and that is.. Beer Nuts can make ANY beer taste better!  Hmm.. sounds like this hypothesis is one that I may have to thoroughly put to the test!

6 comments:

  1. What brand are the beer nuts?! I need to stock up on some of them and some pretzels for our cocktail parties this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe they are "Beer Nuts" brand peanuts. They go perfect with any beer. Salty.. and a little sweet! It was rough getting down the remaining Miller Beers once I ran out of Beer Nuts. LOL

      Delete
  2. Nice! remember Anheusers answer to Beer Nuts? The Eagle honey roasted ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO remember those! My old man LOVED those things! (as did I)

      Delete
  3. Don't think you can do anything more "retro" with Beer Nuts than Miller High Life. We Sell way more MGD than High Life and for the life of me I don't know why, that stuff just tastes like way out of date beer to me. Hell,I had a High Life just last night when I had to do a maintenance call at the restaurant.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mind drinking the High Life. I'd imagine it's way better on tap though. The clear bottles have a way of allowing beer to get skunky. Thanks for swingin' by Dave!

      Delete

What say you?